Media Contact
Resources
Breakup Quotes
People Blogs Forums Sites We Luv
Polls Notify
Chat
  •  

Quote04.03.2011 13:340 people like thisLike

. . . but it can lead to crazy ass anxiety.  I find that when I'm dating I like to see many guys at once so I don't set my hopes too high on any one guy.  My only problem is, meeting more guys.  I've been on Match.com for like a month and so far it blows.  Does anyone have any advice on meeting guys online?  I am a homebody but I'm starting to be a little more adventurous and I'm trying to go out with my friends more.  Does anyone have advice on how to talk to that cute stranger at the bar when you're with your friends.  I feel like it's been so long since I've had to do this, my skills are a little rusty.

thanks all.

Quote07.03.2011 10:581 people like thisLike

Online dating is definitely tough. But I have to say that it is really easy to pick up guys! You just have to find something in common to help you strike up a conversation.  Here are some things I have tried.

One time my friends and I were eating brunch and there was a cute guy who was sitting at the bar eating by himself - and my girlfriend pointed him out because she thought he was really hot. After he finished eating, I brought my camera over to him and asked him to take a picture of my friends and I. After he did, we asked him to sit with us instead of hanging out by himself. And so he did and he ended up asking my friend out! 

Usually if I'm at a bar, I try to only order from the bar instead of the waitress. I'll find a guy whom I find attractive seated at the bar and stand behind hiim to order my drink. Or if it's really busy, I'll ask him to flag down the bartender if he can.  After the initial contact, if he thinks you're cute, he'll keep talking to you. If he's watching sports, however, he may not pay attention.  You may have to try back again when the game is over.  :)

Another thing I do is ask people about their drinks. If someone is drinking a particularly dark beer, I'll ask what kind of beer they are drinking and what they think of it. Then I'll ask the bartender if I can have a small taste of the beer. So I'll taste it in front of the guy and he'll ask me what I think and then we'll start talking about it. If I don't like it, I'll ask the guy to suggest another beer.

I also go to a lot of sporting events. If you're into sports, it's the easiest way to meet guys! Just go to the game, smile, cheer, and go nuts! 

Those are just some of the things I do to meet guys. It's all about engaging someone without being cheesy. ha ha ha.

Copyright © 2014 Brokenheartedgirl.com.