Resources
Breakup Quotes
People Blogs Forums Sites We Luv
Polls Notify
Chat
  •  

It was a blessing in disguise :)
Quote29.08.2010 00:251 people like thisLike

I think I can now officially say that I am over my ex. It feels great to say that, and especially to know that it is true. As they say, time heals all wounds, and keeping myself busy and my mind occupied is really what worked for me. :)

It also really helped me to realize how much time I was wasting on being upset about everything, when he didn't even care. I mean, I was wallowing in my own self pity, and he was out dating some other girl. It got me upset, and put the fire under my feet to make me not care. I also remembered all of the bad things about our relationship, and that helped alot as well... I can officially say that I have gone at least 24 hours without thinking about that man, and it feels wonderful.

Also, I think I have found a great guy, so maybe that has a little something to do with it, but it is nothing serious at all yet. This guy seems wonderful, we talk all the time, and we both really like each other, it is nothing official or serious yet, but I think it will probably lead to something serious. I made a list of everything that I wanted in a guy, everything that I wish that my ex  was like, and this new guy really seems to be nearly everything on this list, a real catch and I am happier now, at this point in my life, then I have ever been before! :)

So, just remember, not even a month ago, I thought my life was over. I thought I would be alone forever, and I was depressed beyond all reason, but pretty soon, I just snapped out of it. I just realized that life was too short to be caring about someone who doesn't even care about me anymore. You can do it too! You're strong, and you're only about to become stronger because of this horrible tragedy. You can do it, and things will get better! :)

Quote30.08.2010 11:470 people like thisLike

Hey!

I am so glad to hear that things are getting better for you.  Can I ask if you used The Breakup Workbook?  It sounds like you did (all the lists), but I just wanted to see.  :)  Keep us updated on the new guy. It's always nice to also support someone who is dating again and I like to hear about success stories! Congrats on getting over your ex!

Please read and respond to someone else's post every time you log in! It's a community, afterall
Quote31.08.2010 19:020 people like thisLike

I did use the break up workbook actually! It was very helpful in the whole process.:)

Things are going great with the new guy. We are both really into each other, and he is so great, so completely adorable. We are still not "officially" together, however, he has actually come right out and asked me when I think it would be a good time to make it official, and has made it very clear that he wants something "meaningful" as he says. He is great, and I am very, very happy :)

Copyright © 2014 Brokenheartedgirl.com.