Welcome to BrokenHeartedGirl.com. This interactive site will help you make new breakup buddies to help you get over your breakup! Here you can you seek advice in our interactive forum, write in your public or private blog, IM another breakup buddy, or live-chat in our chatroom. We've compiled a few rules, tips and frequently asked questions to help you get started.
WHY CAN'T I WRITE A BLOG OR FORUM POST? When you sign up, a confirmation email will be sent to your inbox (check your SPAM folder if you don't see it). Click on the confirmation link and you should be able to begin posting. We know it's a pain, but this extra step helps us thwart spammers.
Just a few rules:
- Use an anonymous avatar (not a picture of yourself or your ex).
- After you write your post, respond or make a comment on at least one other post by another member.
- Have fun!
Just a few tips:
- Find out when people respond to your posts or blogs by hitting the SUBSCRIBE button. You'll be notified via email when someone comments.
- Keep to the same thread in the forum! Once you post a story, keep all your responses and updates under the same original post. This way, people who are just catching up on your story will be able to read everything (old & new) in one topic and it'll be easier for them to give sound advice.
- Give advice to get advice. As with anything, you have to give a little to get a little.
HOW DO I POST IN THE FORUM?
- Find the FORUMS tab at the top of the page
- Click FORUMS HOME
- Find the category that best describes your post
- Click on it, then click on the drop-down again
- At the top right of the box, click NEW TOPIC
- Write your post, then click submit.
- Wait for responses.
- While you're waiting, please browse the forum and write a note on someone else's post!
HOW DO I SUBSCRIBE TO MY OWN POST?
- Visit your forum topic
- At the top, click on SUBSCRIBE/UNSUBSCRIBE
- You will automatically be subscribed to your topic
- If you signed up with your correct email address, you will be notified via email when someone responds to your post
HOW DO I WRITE A BLOG?
- After you've signed in, visit your profile by clicking on the little person on the top tabs (it is 3 tabs in).
- Now you're at your main page.
- Click on the BLOGS tab at the top of your page
- At the top right, click ADD
- The first time you do this, you'll have to type a quick description of your blog.
- Click SUBMIT
- Now you can write your blog
- Enter a TITLE for your blog and TAGS (Tags are keywords that describe your post, like dating, need advice, ex-boyfriend, etc)
- When finished typing, you can add an image, or click on the scroll downs on the bottom of the page to control who can view your blog.
- Click ADD POST and your blog will be posted.
HOW DO I MAKE MY BLOG PRIVATE?
- After you have written your blog, review the options at the bottom
- You will see:
- Allow Viewing To
- Allow Posting To
- Allow Ratings To
- Use the arrows at the right of each category to choose
- Me Only (this makes it private)
- Members (only people who are logged in can view your blog)
- Friends (breakup buddies you have "friended" can view your blog)
4. Choose your options then click ADD POST
HOW DO I CHAT WITH SOMEONE? That's easy!
- Click on the PEOPLE tab on the top left of the navigation bar
- Scroll down and click ONLINE
- See who is online
- IM or EMAIL the person who is online and invite them to the chatroom
- Begin Chatting!
DO I HAVE TO GET THE BREAKUP WORKBOOK?
- You do not, but it is highly recommended!
WHERE CAN I GET THE BREAKUP WORKBOOK?
- To get it for free, simply contact your local library and ask them to order it for you.
- Get it online at Amazon.com or Barnes&Noble.com.
HOW DO I CONTACT YOU?
- View the links at the very bottom of each page and click CONTACT US.
- Just fill out the forum & send it to us.
HOW DO I CONTACT MJ FOR AN INTERVIEW?
- Click on the MEDIA CONTACT tab at the top of the site
- View our PR Contact Information on the page
- Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW DO I TELL MY FRIENDS ABOUT BROKENHEARTEDGIRL.COM?
- At the very bottom of the page, click on INVITE A FRIEND
- Fill out the form and send!
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS? Contact Us!